Monday, September 12, 2005

Bad beats

I promise I will do my best to never tell a bad beat story. Notice in the last post the two hand examples were both hands that I won (I was the checkraiser and won in the first example). One was an incredibly good beat, and the other was a case of an idiot staying in a hand with nothing and hitting nothing. We tend to only remember the times when AA gets beat, not the unremarkable hands where people call our preflop raise with Q-10 off, flop a gutshot straight draw, miss, and fold on the river. We don't remember when they miss, just when they hit. Just taking a look at Pokertracker statistics I know that AA, KK, QQ, are, in fact, the most powerful hands and I win the most money with them, so I shouldn't bitch when they get beat because it's inevitable and I want people calling me with inferior starting hands.

If I ever feel the need to recount a bad beat story, I will tell it in graphical form with no narration just to get it off my chest. Just yesterday twice I had a full house outdrawn by a bigger full house on the river. Do you care? Didn't think so. Everyone has flopped a flush and lost to a runner-runner full house. Please spare me the details. You are not special. 3-outers happen and will continue to happen.

Once in a while I might feel the need to share a hand if it was particularly amazing, like if it involves something that never happens. With that in mind, below is the greatest beat story of my life...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home