Sunday, September 18, 2005

Wedding of cousin.

My apologies go to my two readers for my three day hiatus. In fact, I probably lost my two readers due to my three day hiatus. I was attending the wedding of cousin Elizabeth, the youngest daughter of my dad's youngest sister. The longest conversation I have had with Elizabeth occurred when I was 6 and she was 2. We were at Grandma's house and she was playing with Grandma's vintage legos. She looked at me and said: "These are mine!" and put her hands over the legos. Some of the highlights of the weekend were:

-I met my parents and noticed my dad was about six weeks overdue for a haircut. The following exchange ensued:

Me: "I bet Mom doesn't get mad at Dad for not obtaining haircuts on a timely basis."
Ms. Brick: "I'm not your Mom."
Dad: "Yeah, I should have gotten a haircut."

-My cousin Sarah (Sarah, the youngest daughter of my Dad's oldest sister, not Sarah the oldest daughter of my Dad's youngest sister), lived about a half mile away from me for over a year. She moved away a few months ago and I learned of this two days ago. We are are a very close knit family. In an amusing side note, Sarah dates a guy who looks like a tall version of Micheal J. Fox when he was on Family Ties, right down to the 1984 hair-over-the-ears haircut. Did you know that Michael J. Fox's real name is Michael A. Fox? I learned that just now while looking for a picture of him with the hair-over-the-ears haircut. Speaking of Family Ties, remember when Tom Hanks played their fugitive uncle for two shows during the first season? Neither do I.



- The wedding was the perfect length. It went something like this:

Minister/priest: "Do you love her?"
Him: "Yes."
Minister/priest: "Do you love him?"
Her: "Yes."
Minister/priest: "You're married. Let's eat."

Then they had free food and alcohol, which is nice. Of course I am forever plagued by the fact that I don't like beer or wine, which seem to be the beverages of choice for the rest of the population. Luckily they had crappy rum available, which can be placed in Coke prior to consumption. I do not mean that in a negative way. The availability of crappy rum was definitely a good thing, because at most weddings you have to pay for the crappy rum. Also the food was good, especially the mashed potatoes. While eating I talked to my cousin Jenny (Dad's oldest sister's second daughter) her boyfriend Doug, and my cousin Jeff (Dad's oldest sister's second son). Then Ms. Brick and I danced a little bit, but she didn't really like the music that was provided. It was fun.

-I learned my cousin Jenny played violin on the Destiny's Child hit "Say My Name," back when they were still a group and back when they had four people. They paid her in cash and dubbed the violin part over the song a bunch of times. Neato.

-My cousin Sarah (My dad's youngest sister's first daughter, not my dad's oldest sister's youngest daughter) is together with a professional glass blower. He works for another glass blower. He also has an interesting facial hair configuration. I have no clue how one goes about becoming a glass blower. Maybe he took Glass Blowing in high school and found his true calling.

That's all. Poker is going okay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home