Friday, September 23, 2005

Poker content

"I like your non-poker content better," said Scott.

However, the point of this blog was for me to write about poker and learn from it so that I might improve, so today I am going to write some boring poker content that you don't have to read.

My last few sessions have gone pretty well. Despite a few sick beats (you know, when you're a 97% favorite on the flop you kind of expect to win, but then again, 97% < 100%, so you're not going to always win. It wasn't the first time I've lost with a 97% favorite and it wasn't the last time) I came away with a 26 big bet win in just over two hours last night. I felt that I played aggressively and trusted my instincts more. I'm curious to see what Pokertracker says about my "aggression factor" after these first 100 hours are up. I looked at my stats last night and was pleased to learn that I'm making more than 2 big bets per 100 hands, which is considered to be a decent win rate. Of course 55 hours is not nearly enough to draw any concrete conclusions, but I think I'm off to a good start. I'm also pleased that I've stuck with it this long and not done anything stupid like play 10-20.

I'm looking forward to moving up to 3-6. I'm going to keep my goal at $18 per hour for that level. I feel that if I make at least some improvement in the aggression department I should be able to do it (if the cards run normal). Also, playing 2-4, I'm only making about $2.75 an hour in rakeback, which is brutal. It should be over $4 at 3-6.

In non-poker news, I've learned I'm especially good at opening 20 oz. Pepsi bottles. 1 out of 6 bottles wins a "Buy one, get one" coupon for another bottle, and I've gotten it on 5 of my last 7 bottles. I'm just a natural, I guess.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you hear there's a 5-blade razor coming out? Gillette Fusion or something. I expect an entry discussing the multiple-blade phenomenon and a link to a certain onion article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home