Monday, September 26, 2005

Poker night.

Friday night Ms. Brick was hanging out with her girlfriends and I didn't want to participate so I went and actually played poker with actual real people. It took place at a bar with the regulars plus another guy who is becoming a regular. Also he sucks at poker which is good. He manages to lose $40 while one of wins a little, one breaks even, one loses a little, and one wins $40.

This bar has a good table in the back for poker. Unfortunately, one of the three people in the bar had it occupied and refused to relinquish it, so we had to make do. Also, I won $6. Sweet. I remember when poker night consisted only of micro-stakes no-limit hold 'em played with incorrect betting rules. "I bet 32 cents." "Oh yeah? Raise 7 cents." Now poker night consists of some hold 'em, followed by "Let's throw all our money in the middle of the table and see who has the best cards at the end" games. Follow the bitch, Kings and Jacks King with an Axe, Night Baseball. If anyone ever calls any one of these games at the next home poker game you play at, post your ante and fold. It's not worth it. There is no skill involved when 37 cards are wild. Night Baseball is very unnecessary. "I got a seven card straight flush!" "Nice try, donkey, I have 9 kings." I doubled up in Night Baseball using a wild-card laced straight flush. I guess it's funner to gamble than to play skill games. It's not worth trying to win anyway when you're playing for ten bucks. It's too damn boring. So bring on the Night Baseball.

The coolest part of the evening was when a guy holding a cooler filled with tamales stopped by our table attempting to sell tamales while using a cooler for the exact opposite of its intended purpose. Everyone’s default reaction was: “No thanks, man,” followed by: “wait, what, tamales? Hell yes, I will purchase some tamales. Except for Scott. He doesn’t want any. He doesn’t purchase homemade food products from random people in bars. But I will take two. Thank you.”

They were good.

3 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you are saying that individuals that choose not to play poker aren't "real" people?

I don't know if this is much better in terms of offensiveness and it's a lot less humorous than the previous post...

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Brick said...

Yes, that's exactly what I said. That's real fucking convenient to twist my words to mean something else.

I said that because I usually only play poker online, and now I was playing against actual people. Nowhere did I say that people who don't play poker aren't real people. But please feel free to extract my words and make them mean that.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Brick said...

I also think it is hilarious how my last post was too offensive, but the same person who took offense is now complaining that the watered down version of the post isn't funny enough. Make up your mind, people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home