Monday, April 03, 2006

Drunken poking and running and stuff.

I haven't really been playing any poker at all lately, but this past weekend I got the itch and deposited $50 into PokerStars. After about 30 minutes I was down to $7 and it looked like my session would be short-lived. That was not the case, however. I was able to milk that $7 for all it was worth and I actually worked it up to a few hundred. Yay, me.

I played a bunch of low-limit 6-max games. The standard collection of loose-passives that used to populate these games appears to have been mostly replaced by tight-passives that have read "Winning Low Limit Hold 'Em" by Lee Jones, with a couple loose-aggressives mixed in. It was easy to tell who these LAGs were because they all had names like "FishyMcDonk" and "DonkeyFish." You're not fooling anyone, FishyMcDonk. It was a fun time and I did win a couple hundred bucks, which I plan on losing this week.

Saturday night we weren't doing anything and I decided to start drinking while I was playing. I don't know yet if that's a good idea. I pounded some white russians (should the "russian" in "white russian" be capitalized?) while I played virtual cards. As I slowly got more intoxicated I couldn't sit still, so I grabbed Ms. Brick and took her to the only bar that is within walking distance of our house.

We proceeded to eat fries and drink Woodchucks. Actually, I was the only one drinking Woodchucks. It was fun.

We had to leave pretty early (before midnight is early) because the next day we had to go downtown to run the Clover Trot 8K.

It was a good run, even though it was cold and gross outside. Also, I wasn't prepared as well as I would have liked, and Ms. Brick beat me by 76 seconds:



She is the official Clover Trot champion of our house. I will now hang my head in shame.

When we got home, I logged on to Pokerstars. It had $120 more than I remember. Maybe I play really good when I go on drunk auto-pilot. Maybe I just got good cards that played themselves. Who knows.

I also decided to start my quest for the WSOP. I entered a $2 turbo re-buy satellite and won a $33 buy-in into the next satellite. The bracelet is mine.

My poker playing on Sunday concluded with this hand, which only proves that I kick-ass at poker and no one can beat me:



I rule.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger Scotty Win said...

Ms. Brick beat you? You didn't run in tandem like Matt & Sarah?

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Brick said...

At first, she was like: "stay with me stay with me stay with me" and I was like "I want go faster" and then about half way through I decided to go ahead and then we got separated.

Since we were both free to go our own pace, it was revealed that she is, in fact, better than me. As I said, my head is now hung in shame.

Matt & Sarah are gay.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A litlle history:

Both Brick and Ms Brick have got very lazy when it comes to exercising. Since Brick trained for about 3 weeks and Ms. Brick only trained for 1 weeks all bets were that Brick would be better prepared for the run. When MS Brick asked to run together it was not received well. The couple started out together but at the mile marker Brick decided that MS Brick's pace was too slow for him and a decision was made to split up.

For the reasons above this win is especially meaningful to MS Brick.

-Slow and steady does pervail!
-Do Not Tell a Woman She is too slow or you will eat your words!
-You will be reminded on a daily basis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home