Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Free tunes.

I would like to begin with this PSA:

If you have a studio apartment, and you have a futon that serves as both your couch and bed, and you have some people over, and one of them gets drunk and falls asleep on your couch, you are shit-out-of-luck, my friend. Unless you want to be a dick and kick your friend to the floor. Luckily for me, Matt is not a dick and he slept on the floor.

Sorry, Matt. Watching me down a 24-ounce can of Natural Ice while pinching my nose was pretty funny, though, wasn't it?

Yes it was.



And it only took me five days to get around to writing about it.



I was sitting at my computer the other night, like I do every night, and I was thinking to myself: "Hey, remember that song from a couple years ago? The reggae-ish dance song where the guy says: 'Let's get it on til the early morn' over and over again?"

Me: "Yeah, who sang it?"
Me: "I don't know."
Me: "What's it called?"
Me: "I don't know."
Me: "I want to hear it."
Me: "Don't worry I'll find it."

Three minutes later I had my own copy of "Get Busy" by Sean Paul. I am awesome at the internet. Actually, Google did most of the work. Sure, I could have just paid .99 for it, but that's not any fun. I also found that high-pitched guy James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" by complete accident. That was good because I couldn't get that song out of my head a few days ago. Before I passed out on Matt's futon I made sure to tell him: "You're beaUtifU-UL!" several times. Then I passed out and totally forgot about it. Now I have it.

If downloading music is so fucking illegal, then how come, armed with nothing but a six-year-old laptop and Google, was I able to find what I wanted in 2.2 seconds? Also, how come right now in one tiny corner of my mind I am afraid that the Download Police are going to hunt me down? I am dumb.

While doing this illegal downloading, I did some illegal DVD copying. I was just passing the day's Netflix arrivals through DvdShrink on my other computer. I am such a badass with my blatant disregard for copyright laws. What's interesting is on a lot of new DVDs, when you start them they have this anti-piracy commercial. It basically amounts to: "You wouldn't steal a car. Stealing movies is the same thing."

When I first saw this commercial, it was on my burned copy of Fantastic Four (Jessica Alba is hot). I thought it was going to end with: "Ha ha, your copy didn't work. You suck." and then the DVD would end. I thought: "Hey man, that's cool." But then it just went to the main menu and I thought: "That was gay." Then I watched Fantastic Four.

It was gay.



In news that no one cares about but me and no one will read past this sentence, the Suns play the Spurs tonight, putting their 11-game win streak on the line. This is one of the rare games I get to see them because it's on TNT.

Also, I probably should have said: "ending their 11 game win streak," because the Suns are going to have about six players in uniform.

Below is a list of the players that are out and why:

Amare Stoudemire - knee
Steve Nash - ankle
Shawn Marion - flu
Kurt Thomas - foot
Brian Grant - knee
Nikoloz Tskitishvili - sucking
Tim Thomas - LOL

I guess they are going to need 43 points each from Boris Diaw and Leandro Barbosa. Now please enjoy this picture of Steve Nash:





Never drink Natural Ice.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drank a can of Natty Ice once, and then I had to suck off a homeless guy immediately thereafter just to get the taste out of my mouth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home