Friday, September 30, 2005

Cake.

As I am sitting here vegetating in my cubicle habitat, cake has been made available. It would seem one of my fellow cubicle-dwellers is going somewhere else, to live in a different cubicle. This, apparently, is cause for distribution of cake.

I chose not to participate. My neighbor (who is better compensated than me and is supposed to tell me what to do) asked if I wanted cake. "Go get cake," she said. "No thanks," I replied.

Her: "Are you sure? It's cake. Go get cake."
Me: "No thanks, I don't care for any."
Her: "C'mon, have some cake, I'll go get you some."
Me: "No, it's okay"
Her: "What's the matter, don't you like cake?"
Me: "Yeah, I like cake, I just don't want any right now."
Her: "C'mon, just a little won't hurt."
Me: "Thanks, but I really don't want any."
Her: "EAT THE FUCKING CAKE! IF YOU'RE ONE OF US YOU'LL EAT THE CAKE! WHAT ARE YOU, SOME KIND OF BABY? EVERYBODY'S DOING IT, NOW OPEN YOUR DAMN MOUTH..."
Me: "mmmffffrgrglgrgl"

And that's how I got cake-raped today. By my own boss. By someone I thought I knew and trusted.

I find it odd how one's refusal to eat cake is cause for an uproar. A simple "Cake?" "No thanks." should be sufficient. I now have to find a hiding place for when there is cake.

Excuse me while I take a shower.

4 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know-
I think it's easier to say yes get a piece and just mush it up and throwing it away.

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's the monday blog?

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Brick said...

Okay people, I can't be blogging every day.

The cake post was published Friday afternoon as kind of an advance Monday post. If you didn't notice, I take weekends off now, which shouldn't really bother anyone because you people only read this at work. Except for Ms. Brick who for some reason decided to read it Friday night, so she saw the cake post.

Also in regards to cake, you see, you are standing around with a bunch of cube-drones, you will look kind of odd just holding a piece of cake.

Also, I'm probably going to quit allowing anonymous posts, because I want to know who you people are, and it takes about 2 seconds to sign up for an id.

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a Seinfeld episode . . . right? And your character (the stubborn anti-cake co-worker) is Elaine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home