Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"Great post"

In my last three posts I have received 2 comments total. They have both amounted to: “Great post.”

I really don’t know what to make of this. First of all, up until this point I have never received such a comment. Are these comments from people who simply really liked what they just read and had to tell me? Are they made because a person felt a post was comment-worthy but didn't have anything else to say? Did the person just want to make sure I know at least one person is reading?

Let’s review the two comments:

The first one was for the “Guns in your face” post. It was from some random person who stumbled here. That post must have really had a profound effect on him. Whenever I come across a random blog and read something I enjoy, I don’t ever feel the need to drop a “great post” comment. Maybe he just really liked it. Maybe he felt I gave him a piece of advice that might come in handy sometime down the road and needed to thank me. That’s not necessary, but I do appreciate it. Thank you. Just remember: if someone tries to kidnap you at gunpoint, poop your pants.

Next, I got a decidely uncharacteristic “great post” from Daddy on yesterday’s post. I was expecting something more like “I wonder what it would be like if the 9 foot tall guy fucked the fat twins in the butt.” Something like that, except he would be a lot more descriptive and come up with a term for a really tall, skinny person having sex with a morbidly obese person in the butt. Like “stickballing” or something. But no, all I got was “great post.” Maybe he just wants me to know he’s still reading. That’s good to know. Thanks, Daddy.

Maybe I shouldn’t be thinking about it this deeply. It just seems odd that I got two nearly identical comments within a week or so, while not receiving any other comments.

I really appreciate the feedback, though.

Thanks.

3 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, Blogger Brick said...

Ha ha.

I guess I should have seen that coming.

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Daddy said...

After reading your post I read Merrick's biography at several sites online. It was sorta the ole "Fuck, I forgot about the Elephant dude," syndrome.

I also distinctively remember the feeling of the Book Fair rolling into my elementary school and ponying up $6-7 bones to pick up the new Guinness Book. And yes, we always wanted to see if some bitch ate enough donuts to school Percy Pearl.

Forgot about the twins too. Funny thing is, you didn't even have to post the photo. I had it deep in my mental archives. Way Deep. I used to wonder how many simultanous games of checkers you could play on one pair of their pants.

As far as the tall dude shit goes, I loved your stream of conscience take:

"Thirty-fucking-seven. I wonder how big his dick was. His shoes had to be custom-made."

Feet. Cock. Back to feet.

So, yeah, I had detailed shit to say, but laziness took over.

Hence, great post.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Brick said...

Thanks for the explanation, Daddy. You have to admit, "great post" was odd coming from you.

In other news, Scott had to go and screw up things up by leaving a "great post" comment on my crappy Thanksgiving post that I didn't want to write. Now I have three "great post" comments instead of two, making the statement: "In my last three posts I have received 2 comments total" false.

Thanks, Scott.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home