Tuesday, November 22, 2005

News in brief.

Pokerstars came back today and said they screwed up the iPods. They said I could keep the one I got and they would give me $75 or I could exchange it for a Nano and they would give me $75. That is wholly unnecessary for a freeroll tournamount. I will take it, though.

Me: "Oh well, it was free so I can't complain."
Them: "Hey, here is $75."

I have played two multi-table tournaments this year and have gotten $150 in free money. The other was the Partypoker satellite that got cancelled so I just played the next one. They gave me $75 for cancelling and I wasn't even going to complain.

I have decided to Ebay the iPod. I think the Nano will have higher re-sale value as Christmas approaches so I am going to exchange for the Nano and sell it.



Dane Cook is hosting Saturday Night Live this week.

I find this somewhat amazing. He landed a SNL hosting gig based on nothing but stand-up comedy. The only stand-ups I can think of (Steve Martin, Jerry Seinfeld, Ray Romano) off the top of my head that have hosted have only done so after lucrative TV or film careers.

Yes, I know he co-starred with Dennis Rodman in Simon Sez six years ago. No, that's not a lucrative film career.

I am not as big a Dane Cook fan as I used to be since he became a rock star of sorts, but I am thrilled that he was able to accomplish this without becoming an unfunny sitcom star.

With that in mind, let's hope this Brian Regan sitcom deal never comes to pass.



Last night I played in my co-ed touch football league. We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Up by 7 with 1:30 to go and we have a first down. They intercepted, drove for a touchdown in about three plays, and converted the two-point. Oh well.

I wanted to play a little QB, but we have a guy who usually plays quarterback full-time and I didn't want to say anything. So I didn't play any QB, but I took over one huddle and called a play. The center would snap the ball to me, Scott would go long down the sideline and hook to the middle, I would pitch the ball to the QB in the backfield, and he would hit Scott with the long pass.

It was executed flawlessly for the touchdown. I am an awesome play caller and Scott is an awesome pass catcher.



I just turned my free $75 on Pokerstars into $317 playing 2-4 and 3-6 6-max. That was the first time I have ever played there. The players are incredibly weak-tight. In one hand five people saw a flop. I was on the button and it got checked around to me. I bet with nothing and everyone folded.

You don't see that on Partypoker.



Xbox 360's were just released and are selling for over $1,500 on Ebay. I decided it wasn't worth it to wait in line all night in the cold and call in late to work. Maybe I was wrong. I didn't think they would sell for more than $800 and there was no guarantee I would actually get one. I didn't think it was worth $400 (or possibly nothing) in profit to wait all night in the cold. But $1,100 (or possibly nothing)? Yeah.

On a dumb side note, people are actually selling just the BOX for the Xbox and they are going for over $500. Seriously, click the link. The guy dressed it up to look like he is selling an Xbox, but, and I quote:

This is the PREMIUM BUNDLE Box. It would include bonus accessories, if it were the actual PREMIUM XBOX 360! DOES NOT Come with 20GB Hard Drive, Console, HD Cables, Wireless Controller, Headset! Great for gags! DO NOT bid if you don't intend to buy!

God, people are dumb. Read the auction, people. If this were real life the seller would have serious problems after the sale. But this isn't real life, this is the 'net, and he clearly states what he is selling.



I got e-vited to this party at a bar. Please read (names have not been changed):

Hello Everyone,

Please join Andrea (25), Courtney (26), Lauren (26) and Chris (23) in celebrating their December birthdays. Often forgotten during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, they are making damn sure that everyone remembers this year with a party at Duffy's.
$25 from 8-11 pm buys you all call drinks, domestic and imported beers, wine and soda. Although if you are drinking soda then you were accidentally placed on this list, so sorry.

Hope to see you there!

For some reason the last sentence about soda offended me. I immediately couldn't figure out why I was offended, because it was just a dumb joke. It seemed incredibly stupid and juvenile, though.

Some people don't drink. Some because they just don't want to, others because they are recovering alcoholics. It's kind of like saying: "If you don't drink, you are an uptight loser."

In my mind, it's along the same lines as: "If you are a gay homo, don't come because we don't approve of butt-sex or vaginas rubbing up against other vaginas."

It's funny, because I'm not easily offended.



I just took a giant turd.

Have a nice day, please.

1 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Scotty Win said...

The guy who I had to guard (black shirt) was a way more awesome pass-catcher than I was, unfortunately. Also a way more awesome interceptor.

You are an awesome play-caller. We should let you show your awesomeness at Q.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home