Friday, November 18, 2005

Today.

I didn't go to work today. This is the first time in about a year that I have taken a day off work to just hang out at home. Lots of exciting stuff happened.

I began by sitting on my butt from 9AM to 12PM. This is pretty much what I do at work from 9AM to 12PM, but instead of sitting at a desk playing internet I was sitting on a couch playing poker and watching TV. It's nice to do something different once in a while.

Then I took my car to take its emissions test. I was supposed to do it about six months ago. I got a threatening letter saying they were going to suspend my registration if I didn't do it. So I went and did it.

Emissions tests in this state are free. That's something I don't get. It's required by law to have it done, so why not charge something for it? It probably costs a ton of money to run one of those testing places. I'm not going to complain, though, seeing as I have to pay $80 for registration and $60 for that stupid city sticker.

The test didn't take very long. I passed it (got a 65).

I stopped at a gas station on the way home for a Diet Pepsi because I am addicted to that shit. I went up to the counter to pay and a lady came in and scanned her lottery tickets under this little scanner. I have never seen such a device. I would think checking the numbers against the published winning numbers would be an easy enough task that a person would not need a machine to do it for them. I would have thought wrong, though. I also didn't take into consideration that it would be a pain for someone to check $50 worth of lotto tickets.

So the lady scanned her tickets and the display read "not a winner." She grimaced, like she was planning on winning or something. Maybe I should start buying lottery tickets so I can scan them and then grimace when the thing says "not a winner." Who knows, it might be fun.

My cup of pop cost $1.09. It was good.

I got home and sat on my butt for another two hours.

Then the UPS guy came. It was my Poker Blogger Championship iPod. Except it's not an iPod nano. It's just a regular 20GB iPod. Damn, I was really looking forward to shoving 1,000 songs up my ass.

I don't know if I should be pissed or not. On one of the registration forms I clicked "I accept" on, it probably said somewhere that it was okay for Pokerstars to substitute a "similar prize of equal value." It does hold a lot more music, in fact, I can fit my entire CD collection on there, but it is a lot bigger in physical size as well. It was free so I can't complain.

I hope the ten people that won the new Xbox don't get sent the old Xbox. I don't know why Pokerstars advertised iPod nanos if they didn't have them in their possession. They could have just said "iPods".

Anyway, it's sitting over there on the couch still sealed in it's shinkwrap. I can't decide if I should keep it or Ebay it . I have never had a desire to own an iPod and I don't know if I would actually use it. Also, I don't want to take it out of its box because then it won't be MISB. If you don't know what MISB is, then you need to get your ass to Ebay, because you clearly aren't spending enough time there.

I'll let you know if I decide to open it or let it sit there in its box.

That's all.

Boobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home