Friday, November 04, 2005

Deep-fried pizza.

Yesterday's post got me thinking...

Why the hell can't I get deep-fried pizza?

We deep-fry everything else in this country...onions, cheese, broccoli, ice cream, cheeseburgers, bacon...why not pizza? It seems as if someone would have attempted this by now, because this country has a gigantic fat ass and loves fried food, so why haven't I seen it on a menu?

Others have pondered this before me, and found out the same thing: pizza is, in fact, deep-fried, just not in the U S of A. Apparently it is the national dish of Scotland. I thought it was haggis. Nope.

I should have known. After all, the Scots pioneered deep-fried Mars bars. They also have more heart attacks than any other nation in Europe.

I want some deep-fried pizza.

I guess I could try making it at home, but then it wouldn't be Scottish.

And if it's not Scottish it's crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home