Tuesday, April 04, 2006

More poker. Sorry.


This is me finishing 92nd out of 93 in last night's blogger satellite for a $1,500 WSOP buy-in:



I donked off my chips in the first two hands I played, both in the first orbit. I didn't make a single correct play. Part of this might have been due to the fact that it was an ultra-deep stack tourney and I didn't want to be there for 7 hours. We started with blinds of 10/20, 30-minute levels, and 5,000(!) chips. I'm not a very patient guy and knew this thing was going to take all night when I saw the structure.

Also, only the first two spots paid, so I got the same prize as the guy who played for 6+ hours and got 3rd.

That doesn't change the fact that I played like ass.

I don't know if I will play another one of these. I know a lot of people like the long levels and huge starting stack because it allows for a lot more play and luck plays less of a factor, but that was just ridiculous. If I had actually been in the tournament longer than 4 minutes I imagine it would have been like watching paint dry. Also, I suck, and I need all the luck I can get.

In other poker news, I lost most of this past weekends winnings as expected. I cashed out just so I could cash out ahead. I did earn enough frequent player points to get this sweet duffel bag, though:



In 4-6 weeks my gym clothes will get transported to the gym in style.

People will see my duffel bag and be all: "Is that right?"

And I will be all: "That's right, bitch. Team Pokerstars. Eat it."

And they will be all: "You play internet poker. Why the hell would you want to advertise this fact with your duffel bag?"

And I will be all: "I like strawberries."

And they will be all: "I also like strawberries."

Have a nice day, please. Sorry for writing about poker two days in row.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home