Tuesday, October 11, 2005

More work and stuff.

My boss was ready to cry when I got in today. I guess when you have people in four different continents calling asking why the numbers are out of balance it kind of has that effect. She has been working 12 hour days on a regular basis. Every time I get to work she is there. Every time I leave she is there. Monday I got to work at 8:30. I left at 5:30. I went back at 8:30. I left at 9:30. She was sitting at her desk each time. For those who are curious as to why I returned to work at 8:30...Jeanine calls me in tears at about 7PM. A couple of the Mexico numbers got shifted around in my load file. As we discussed earlier, I am the only one in North America that knows how to do uploads. "You don't get it, I promised Bob the numbers would be right!" Jeanine said. Bob is a big important guy at Hyperglobalmegacorp who makes way money than me and Jeanine put together. In fact I know exactly how much he made last year compared to me and Jeanine put together because of my last position required me to know this. Anyway, I couldn't leave her hanging. So I went back to work, missed my co-ed touch football game, and reloaded some numbers. Remind me to teach Jeanine how to do that.

I worked late again Tuesday. Ms. Brick called me at 7:30 wondering where I was.

Her: "I made food"
Me: "I'll be home at 9"

I got home and had some of the shrimp/vegetable thing she made. She has been known to leave the shells on the shrimp in the past. The following exchange preceded my consumption of the shrimp:

Me: "Does the poker still have the shells on it?"
Her: "What?"
Me: "Does the shrimp still have the shells on it?"
Her: "You're sick."

Yeah, so I confused a card game with seafood. Shoot me. In fact, I found it hilarious.

Speaking of poker, my status is kind of in limbo. First of all, we got rid of DSL. That makes it kind of difficult. There is only one unsecured wireless access point I can find and I have to hold my laptop above my head in the living room to access it. Sweet. Also, PartyPoker has made some business decisions that have made playing conditions less than ideal. I don't need to get into details. For you poker people, this issue has been beaten to death on other blogs and boards, and you non-poker people don't care and don't need to worry about it. I am going to have to sit tight and see how the situation works out. Right now it is just big huge clusterfuck. For those who care read Pauly's last post and some of the blogs he links to there.

Since the DSL got cut, I've been playing a lot less poker anyway. It's been really weird. I have no idea what to do. I remember a time in a previous life when I would regularly go on six-mile runs and lifted weights on a daily basis. It was really cool, too, because you could see my ab muscles. Scott, tell them. Maybe I'll revisit that life.

We'll see.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Scotty Win said...

I will attest to the fact that one could see Steve's ab muscles back in a previous life. If the chance of Steve revisiting that life were an NFL injury update, I would pronounce it "doubtful". Or "questionable" if it's a player on my fantasy team.

Steve was single back then...

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Brick said...

I didn't ask, Scott. I only asked you to confirm that, yes, I once had ab muscles.

However, the environmental conditions at that time motivated me to get ab muscles. Those conditions have changed drastically and are now motivating me to get fat.

Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home