Thursday, October 06, 2005

Poker hiatus.

I decided to throw in the towel on 2-tabling 2-4 at 99 hours. I finished with my worst session so far. My final total was $882 for an hourly rate of $8.90. So I finished on a 120bb downswing. Awesome.

Anyway, our internet is getting cut tomorrow because SBC decides to jack up the rates after the one year guarantee. I thought we could just tell them to give us the cheap rates or we will cancel, but they said the only way to get the cheap rates is to cancel and order it again. So that's what we are doing. It will be good because I need to get away from this poker crap and go outside. It will also be a good opportunity for to look at Poker Tracker stats and see what my major leaks are, which I'm sure are numerous.

I started 2-tabling 3-6 last night and that went awesome. Awesome to the point where I decided I need to take a poker hiatus. There comes a time in every man's life when he needs to stop and ask himself: "What the hell am I doing here at 3:30AM passing out money to random strangers on the internet when I need to be at work in 5 hours?" So I'm going to take a few days off and maybe interact with some people.

I'm also a little burned out on this blog. After one damn month. I need to quit posting every day. It was supposed to be mainly for me and to keep track of my poker results and write about it to try to get better. I then wrote a few non-poker posts about random topics I was thinking about. People responded positively to this and now I'm feeling some kind of pressure to write a funny story every day. I took Monday off and I get a "Where's the Monday post?" comment. I like writing but for the past few days my posts have felt kind of forced, like I'm doing it just because people are expecting a new post each day. I'm going to keep writing, but it will because I want to, not because I feel some obligation to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home