Thursday, December 15, 2005

Blog hiatus.

It seems I haven't had much to write about lately. I haven't really been reading any blogs either. Maybe I just don't feel like sharing, because I actually have written a few posts lately but decided not to post them.

It just kind of seems like a natural blog vacation time or something. I know of a few bloggers that are taking planned breaks for the next few weeks. I'm not going to do that; if I want to write about something I will, but I honestly don't think I will be writing much in the next few weeks.

Christmas is in ten days. That's pretty fucked up right there. It seems like we just had Thanksgiving, Halloween, summer, Valentine's Day, New Year's and Christmas. Remember back when Christmas only came once a year? Wait, nevermind...

Ms. Brick and I are going to Phoenix next week to spend Christmas with my parents. That will be good. We are trying to enforce new present rules so presents are kept to a minimum. I'm in favor of that. The present aspect of Christmas just adds stress to the situation. I don't need any more crap. I wish I could just take some time off work, go home, hang out with my family and drink cocoa, and not worry if I bought people enough presents. Actually, since I will be in the desert, I probably won't be drinking cocoa. I wish I could just take some time off work, go home, hang out with my family and drink Margaritas.

The Christmas parties at work (or lack thereof) have started. I work for a huge disgusting corporation, so you would think we would have a big huge party. Nope. The last two years it has been in the cafeteria of our building, but at least it was held in the evening, and there were nice treats and a nice open bar with free white russians.

Not anymore.

Last year building management had a lunch party for occupants of the building. It was basically just a free lunch buffet thing. This year company management decided to pass that off as the company holiday party. Awesome. We filed through a line, were given our rations, and went and sat in the cafeteria and ate. The food was actually portioned out and we were told how much we could have. We got one chance through the line and that was it. There was no Christmas music playing or Christmas decorations.

It was basically just: "Here is your free crappy lunch, now go eat. If you want a Coke it's 75 cents." Seriously. Cans of pop were 75 cents. At the company. holiday. party. Way to boost employee morale, there, upper management. Actually, I don't know who makes these decisions, because even the North America CFO was bitching. Maybe he was fake-bitching so we would think he had nothing to do with it.

Yesterday we had a potluck (wait, I mean pitch-in. That's right, pitch-in) Christmas party just for people on our floor and that was a lot better. At least pops were free and you could go in through the line more than once. I brought cookies. I made chocolate chip, but threw a combo of chocolate chips and peanut butter chips in there for an unexpected twist.

There was a large amount of random food. Fried chicken, beef sandwiches, shrimp, eggrolls, spinach pastry puffs, and a disgusting amount of desserts. I ate an unnecessary amount of cake treats. After that I made myself do 1,000 calories on the treadmill last night. Although, I don't know how accurate the calories-burned measurers on the treadmills are.

I've got another potluck Christmas party tomorrow. Alchohol will be involved. I am bringing biscuit weiners and will be getting hammered. Hilarity will ensue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home