Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend and stuff.

Scott and I went out on a date on Friday.

I decided to travel by train. I was waiting at the stop and another dude waiting was talking on his Motorola Razr cell phone. After he was done talking he pulled out his iPod and started cranking the tunes. An overwhelming desire to cockpunch this kid immediately consumed me. He just had to run out and buy the latest cell phone as soon as it came out? And he can't go 3 seconds without some kind of audio stimulation? Cockpunch. iPods piss me off, and it tears me up inside that I actually own one. That's why it is still shrinkwrapped.

The train came and I met Scott at our destination.

We saw a 40-year-old Virgin/Wedding Crashers double-feature. It was showing at the theater that shows 3-month-old movies and serves beer. It's been about 15 months since I have seen a movie at that place. That time it was a Dodgeball/Chronicles of Riddick double-feature, and I was packing some Southern Comfort. I got wasted and puked in the street later. I was passed out during CoR. I heard it was really bad. I won't be seeing it again to verify.

Anyway, back to our date. Scott bought me some popcorn. Actually, he bought it for both of us, but I ate most of it. I like popcorn. I would have bought him something, like a beer, but I spent my last $5 on a large Diet Coke. I don't remember the Diet Cokes being that expensive the last time I was there. I stupidly thought that since admission was only $5 for two movies, that concessions might something less than the standard, national movie-theater gouge rate. Silly me.

We had seen both movies before, but not together. They were still funny. They would have been way funnier if Ubaldo was present.

(Note: The consultant guy who sits in the cube next me just walked listening to that new Gorillaz song on his iPod. Cockpunch.)

Then I went home and Scott went and had sex with Ms. Scott.

On Saturday, Ms. Brick and I went to this birthday party at a bar (I referenced the invitation in the "News in Brief" post). It was similar to Scott's deal last week ($25 for 3 hours of bar), except Scott's was better. Scott's had food and a separate room. This one had no food and no separate room. Ms. Brick and I decided to pack flasks and not to do the $25. That's a way better deal. A pint glass of cranberry juice is $2. The liquor I put in it cost me about $1. That's a $3 jumbo cocktail. A smaller glass filled with cranberry juice and crappy vodka costs about $5. Higher quantity, higher quality, lower price. I am a cheap-ass.

The party was okay. We were lumped in this one big room with about four other groups of friends having parties. There was a bar with four attractive, female bartenders and a small, elevated dancefloor with a DJ pumping the phat beats. I didn't know anyone except for about 4 people from work. Everyone else in the room appeared to be an iPod Razr kid.

I didn't get drunk. I got buzzed but not too bad. Just enough to dance a little bit, but not enough to get up and dance by myself when the small, elevated stage was empty.

Nothing remarkable happened. After wrapping up our $15 bar tab, Ms. Brick and I left just before midnight, because we are lame 27-year-old, non-iPod, non-Razr kids. Then we went and got hot dogs and went home.

Poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home